Determine your goals for the project
- What is the purpose of your social media channel, campaign, or post?
- What do you want to achieve through your efforts?
- What actions will help you reach those goals?
Choose content that has an emotional connection and resonance
- Do you get excited about the story of this document?
- Who is your audience? Find data to support this.
Let your content lead decision making
Choose the right platform based on the content
- Ex: Is this a good post for Instagram?
- Will it resonate with the audience of that platform?
Make the post the best it can be
- Does it meet National Archives editorial and brand standards?
Include a call to action
- Ask yourself: what do you want the reader to do? What emotional response are you trying to inspire?
Use metrics to plan, achieve, and measure success
- Set concrete measures of success and a timeline.
- Determine what tools you will use to measure your success. How will you know you have reached your goals?
- Use these metrics to tell the story of how the campaign turned out.
Create an external distribution plan
- Identify partners and influencers who will help you reach target audiences
- Create a social media toolkit with pre-made content and prompts to share with partners for them to get involved in your campaign
Take time to reflect on lessons and success
- Are you meeting your goals?
- Does your expectation match the analytics?
- Tell the story of your findings in a summary. Share with your team and use to iterate future successful projects.
To ensure the greatest accessibility make sure that the content is available in the Catalog
[Helpful read on the importance of a digital plan: http://socialmediadesk.tumblr.com/post/134862056031/why-you-need-a-digital-plan-for-success]